Sunday, August 3, 2008

Flashback

I love jello salad- pistachio with cool-whip and nuts, lime with cottage cheese, orange with marshmallow- mmmmm!

I came across a recipe in a newspaper several months back and decided to make it. When I was little and wasn't feeling well, my grandmother would always make something warm and comforting, like soup. My husband was under the weather today so I decided to make him some homemade chicken and noodle soup and strawberry jello salad. All very comforting and yummy!

Strawberry Jell-O Salad

  • 1 6 oz. box strawberry jell-o
  • 1 1/2 c. boiling water
  • 8 oz. can crushed pineapple, drained
  • 2 ripe bananas, mashed w/o lumps
  • 10-12 whole frozen strawberries
  • 1 c. sour cream

In a medium bowl pour boiling water over strawberry jello. Mix til gelatin is fully dissolved. Add in crushed pineapple, and bananas. Add in strawberries and mix.

In a small bowl, stir sour cream til creamy.

In a medium bowl, pour half the gelatin mixture. Carefully ladle the sour cream over the jell-o, then pour the rest of the mixture over the sour cream.

Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.

NOTE: This is not the prettiest of salads, but it's super simple, quick and delicious. This would also be great with orange jell-o and mandarin orange slices. Or cherry jell-o and frozen cherries or...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi! I know that this is an old post, but I am wondering about the strawberries. Are you supposed to chop the strawberries up? Or leave them whole and just mix them in to the mixture?

Monica H said...

Just leave them whole. I made this again In another post and I provided step by step pics. Just search strawberry jello salad and it'll pop up. Thanks for your question. Enjoy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails