Cowboy Cookies (1/3 Recipe)
adapted from Laura Bush
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2/3 cups sweetened flake coconut
- 2/3 cups chopped pecans
Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in bowl. In a large bowl, beat butter on medium speed until smooth and creamy, 1 minute. Gradually beat in sugars; beat to combine, 2 minutes.
Add egg and vanilla. Mix til combined.
Stir in flour mixture until just combined. Add chocolate chips, oats, coconut and pecans.
Using a medium ice cream scoop (2 Tablespoons) drop dough onto ungreased baking sheets, spacing 3 inches apart.
Bake in 350 F oven for about 15 minutes, until edges are lightly browned. Remove cookies from rack to cool.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies.