Saturday, April 23, 2011

Cravings and A Conversation With Myself

I have leftover turkey pesto meatballs planned for dinner, but I was thinking of defrosting a couple hamburger patties instead. Then I realized that we don't have any tomatoes, and what kind of burger can you have without a slice or two of red, ripe tomatoes on top? Oh wait, I do have a container or tiny pear tomatoes, I could always use those.

But, I was saving those to make tomato mozzarella salad with balsamic dressing. Yum! We could have that tomorrow for Easter. But I was wanting to make egg salad so we could turn them into sandwiches, but I don't have any bacon. Crisp bacon is a must on egg salad sandwiches. Okay then, lets do deviled eggs instead. Ooh, tomato mozz salad and deviled eggs sound delish. And for dessert we'll have a fruit pizza! I've been craving one of those for a couple weeks now.

Sounds great- burgers, tomato mozz salad, deviled eggs and fruit pizza. Sounds like a perfect Easter meal, doesn't it? ha!

These are the thoughts that perplex my mind. Hope you all have a great weekend!

Aha moment: Why not top off the burger with the tomato mozz salad? Yes, I'm doing it!

16 comments:

Allie said...

Wow, you made me hungry just reading about all these yummy options! What time do you want me over for Easter dinner? ;)

Heather S-G said...

I have conversations like that with myself, too. All the time. Ha! Great conclusion...sounds awesome :D

From the Kitchen said...

You are seriously, nuttily pregnant!!!!! And, for your information, pregnancy hamburgers are only served on a bun with a careful slathering of mustard on both sides and all the way to the edges. Add a perfect slice of sweet onion. On the side, a big dill pickle cut in half.
I would have it no other way with either pregnancy--nor today, 25 years later.

Best,
Bonnie

Unknown said...

I just finished making deviled eggs myself! And I have to say that bacon on an egg salad sandwich is brilliant! Can't believe I never thought of it before.

Debbie said...

I've had conversations with myself too and they usually end up getting very confusing!!!! Have a wonderful Easter Monica!

Unknown said...

Your thought process amuses me, haha :) But don't worry; I also have really odd conversations with myself all the time xD

Faith said...

Your conversations absolutley made me crave deviled eggs!!!

Sophie said...

You make perfect sense! Now I have to dry the egg salad sandwich with bacon! Yes, I say top off the burger with the tomato mozz salad, sounds like a new and delicious burger recipe to me :).

Keeley said...

This is like the internal monologue I have when I open the door to the fridge and try to figure out our menu plan for the week... love it!

Carla said...

From one Pregnant Mom to Another.......

Thank you SO MUCH for the egg salad sandwiches with bacon.

BRILLIANT!

tapping technique said...

From one Pregnant Mom to Another and another...

Bacon and egg. What pregnant woman can resist this? This just blew me away! thank you for your time posting this.

Natasha @ Saved by the Egg Timer said...

Oh the mind of a woman, mind of a foodie, mind of a blogger and to top it off the mind of a pregnant mommy :) Then what is my excuse? lol! That is exactly what I do in my head too. I totally followed... Happy Easter!

Cassie said...

I love this post SO MUCH -- and I can totally relate!

Unknown said...

Hahahahaha! You are so cute! My problem lately has been...wow, my fridge is completely empty because we haven't gone grocery shopping yet so what fast food do we want to pick up. I'd much rather have your problem!

Sue said...

Sounds like my kind of meal, except I'd skip the burger and eat more of everything else. I eat meat...I don't mind a burger once in a while, but I like all the sides and dessert so much more than meat!

Healthy and Homemade said...

You are SO funny!! I bet the burger turned out wonderfully =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails